More Decorations

Amazing what you can get done when you're actually hanging out at home.  With a kiddo home from school, I got busy.  So, I am officially done with our Christmas decorating!  Now, I can enjoy our home and the season.  Here are a few pictures.
This is our breakfast room.  I have this very large antique orchid bowl that is very expensive to fill with orchids.  So, I decided to use Christmas balls this year!


Here's a closer look.  I love the green color, but it does not go with the colors in my family or living room.  So, I decide to use them in this room - very cheering to wake up to in the morning. 


Here's our tree (sorry the picture is blurry).  We were a bit too ambitious when we picked it out (I think it's as wide as it is tall).  I will let you know if it happens to come down during the middle of the night (that happened one year, long story that I will have to share at some point). 

These are bundles of Christmas cards that we have received over the years.  I can't bring myself to throw them away, so I bundle them (there are some under the tree too).  We love looking back over the cards and how all the children have grown! 

Another picture of the family room.  Those paperwhites hopefully will be in bloom by Christmas Eve.  Also, it is hard to see but the blue and white tray on that ottoman has all the cards we have received this year - fun for us and visitors to look at when they come over. 

This is a shot of the coffee table in our living room.  I have a long tray of chestnuts I gathered from my parent's property in Mississippi and the large glass bowl contains artificial sugared pears and apples. 

So, I am finished! 
Also, I wanted to send a shout out of thanks to Courtney at The French Country Cottage for featuring my powder room makeover!  She has a wonderful blog with tons of inspirational ideas and tips.  If you get a chance, you really need to check it out. 

And here are a few link parties that I am participating in this weekend.  See you Monday! 

better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture