Project in Progress - Big Girl Room

Just wanted to share a project I'm working on for a client.  She read the posts I did on a Bedroom Freshen Up and Playroom Dreaming and wanted me to do the same for her daughter's room!  

Here's the story - She's moving her daughter out of the crib into a real bed and wants to give the room a big girl look without breaking the bank.  For starters, she already has the bed which is a lovely amber colored spool bed (sorry I don't have a picture, but take my word for it, it's lovely).  She also has a bedside table in a similar tone of wood.  In addition to the bed, she has roman shades (left from the previous homeowner) in a pink window pane fabric that is trimmed in a thin green tape. (I have encouraged her to use these since they are in great shape and since pink is the color of the year!)


She also has a simple matelasse coverlet and bedskirt in white.  So, a basic start to a room!  Also, I will tell you that my client is young and hip and wants something unexpected, maybe even a bit sophisticated for this space.  The main reason is this room also acts as the guest bedroom when family and friends come to town, so it needs to play double duty.  Lastly, she is on a tight budget for this "freshen up" so every single dollar must add tons of impact.  The goal was to keep it around $350.00.

OK, so that is what I started with and here are two options I have given her for the room.  Why Two? Because a girl needs options (and because I simply cannot help myself when I start working on these projects!)

Option #1 is just a bit more expensive at a grand total of $345.44.  



Option 2 has a brighter, bolder feel, but would also make a fun big girl room.  
The grand total for this "freshen up"- $322.49.



I would love to know which you prefer!  It might help her make a decision.  M.





better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture