Scott's Antique Market - The Results!

 We had a fabulous time at Scott's.  The group of girls that went were all in the best mood and most found some amazing things.  Except me!

That's right.  Totally empty handed.  I was fully prepared (cash in hand), but nothing struck me as a "have to have" item.   I was so caught up in what the others were getting that I simply could not focus!  Also, I am running out of walls, so my mindset is "If I don't LOVE it, it's not worth it."  I know, I can't believe I'm saying it out loud. 

But I had so much fun.  If you recall, we left Birmingham on a chartered bus!  This is truly the way to go.  Since you have no luggage, the entire length of the bus is storage (underneath) for all the goodies.  

You can get up and walk around and chat.  There was lots of chatting!
   

As you can see, a fun time was had by all.

Here were a few things that did catch my eye. 
This pair of french picnic baskets.  I thought they would work for a client in Birmingham, so I started emailing her pictures only to find the size was not perfect for the spot we had in mind. (sad face here). 

A pair of Klismos chairs that were in perfect condition.  The guy selling them knew it, too - pricey!   

Notice the leather woven seats (which are usually covered with a cushion, but still beautifully made).

These leather upholstered stools were also in excellent shape and were affordably priced.

This was my favorite find of the day.  It was huge!  And it would have been the perfect fixture for a a master bedroom project I am working on at the moment.  The only problem - we have not finalized the design plans, and so, the timing just wasn't right.  Never, fear, we'll find something just as spectacular when the time comes!

I was shocked to see landscaping plants and tons of other things that are not furnishings for sell at Scott's (it was not this way 15 years ago).  The outside area is really more like a market or bazaar - very fun atmosphere. 

I did find one thing - A very sweet friend from college who I haven't seen in almost 20 years!!  When I saw her at lunch, I knew exactly who she was.  She has not changed a single bit!  
Me & Jeanne Redding

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Sometimes you just have to make time to do something you enjoy with friends.  It was time well spent in my book!

I hope your week is off to a great start.  M.


better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture