Happy Mothers Day to me!

Since G was born I have never been away from her for longer than a 10 hour work day... I think I would die of anxiety and probably rip my skin off cause I missed her so much.....However lately the Duck and I are in desperate need of some alone time. Not because we need time away from G but because we need time away as a couple and time away to not be so exhausted most days and nights that we can barely have a conversation. We have been together for 7 years on the 11th of may and we thought it was time to have a night away as a couple.    No G :( 


My awesome Mom has offered to stay the night here next weekend with G and Penny{the dog} and babysit so we could escape away to the desert. I am super excited and cannot wait.................. but I am also EXTREMELY sad and anxious thinking that for the first time in 20 months I won't have the sound of her on the baby monitor in my ear as she sleeps. I won't be able to hold her or kiss her goodnight and good morning. 


No joke as I type these words I am crying. 


I have decided to focus on the good it will do for my husband and I and think of the fact that I will be able to possibly sleep in past 6 am...or better yet, not have to rush out of bed to get a bottle and start my day with a not so mellow almost 2 year old running around the place. 


We are staying at one of my favorite Palm Springs hotels the Viceroy
I will try to be drunk at least 98 percent of the trip, swim for at least 9 hours straight, and will not be bringing my computer. GASP! No work, no blog, no nothing but desert heat and alcohol.


The thought of a date night away has me thinking outfits... I came up with this. 
BTW those are my new boots from H by Hudson and I am obsessed with them.









better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture