Project in Progress Media Area - Before and Afters

Finally.  FINALLY.  We are finished with our media area (for more information, read my previous post).  We encountered quite a few snags along the way; but in the end, we are thrilled with the result. 

Before . . . 

 And After . . . 

Again, Before . . . 

After . . . 

I ended up going with the P&L Silver Mink on the backs and sides of the bookshelves and left the shelves the trim color. 

 It would have been too much to do the shelves in the Silver Mink given all the books and dark accessories.  The lighter shelves are a nice balance.

I went with the antique brass library lights, and I just love the feel it gave the entire wall.  Now, I feel like the arches serve a purpose.

Lastly, I can not tell you how thrilled I am to have an mantel.  Look out Christmas 2012, I get to hang our stockings from the real deal!

Even though I was not crazy about the idea of hanging this very large TV over our fireplace, I have to say we have been hanging out as a family in this room every single night.  For me, that makes it worth the compromise! M.

We actually did the refinishing work on the mantel ourselves; and I took pictures along the way.  I will be posting about that process in the next week or so, if you're curious.  Have a wonderful day! M.
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture