Playing Catch Up & Design Trend

Well, I am trying to dig out after a totally fun and relaxing getaway with some girlfriends.  I love getting away but totally hate having to play catch up after a break (I know you know what I'm talking about here).  But I plan to hit the ground running and make it happen.  

So, on Friday, I left you all with a bit of a teaser.  The reason I asked you to say a little prayer for my husband was not because I left him here with the kiddos, all their activities and more laundry than I care to admit.  I asked for the prayer because our house looked as though a bomb had exploded.   We are finally having our kitchen cabinetry painted!!!  So, all the kitchen goodies from pots and pans to food in the pantry is piled on every available surface in our house.  The project should be finished by the end of this week with pictures to follow.  So stay tuned.  I promise to share all the details with you.  BTW, he seemed to manage fine - lots of take out and trips to his sister's house for food! Now, if I can just get everything finished and put back together.    

In the meantime, I wanted to talk to you about a design trend that's making a huge come back - It's sectionals.  They are popping up in lots of spaces.  No, these are not the sectionals of years past.  Most have fresh modern lines that can take a space from OK to totally WOW.  Here are just a few of my favorites. . .  

Love the contrasting welting and nailhead trim on this one.

Although I usually recommend staying away from a pattern on such a large upholstered piece, the pattern is light and airy and reads like a solid in this example.  Also, love the contrast with the wall color.

OK, this is from Caitlin Creer Interiors, and it's my all time favorite sectional.  I love how she has used this piece to create a secondary focal point with the TV.  Her fabric choice is perfect for hiding dirt in a high traffic area and with the pops of color from other accessories it still feels current.


Look at all the tufting and nailheads on this one!! LOVE it.

Even in a small space, sectionals can work. 

This one takes an otherwise shabby chic space and gives it a mad men flare.  

That's it for today!  Have a great start to your week. M.
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture