Sea Fans

With my kiddos away for the week, I've had some time to focus on interior design, both for clients and my own house.  If you recall, I purchased some sea fans a couple of months ago during a girls beach weekend.  I finally took the time to frame them.  Wooo Hooo! 
(I think I should have been taking a photography class instead of framing these.  The wall color looks totally green in this image - they are not green! Rather Grant Beige - not sure why I can't seem to capture it).  
Here's the color:



Sorry to completely digress.  At any rate, I decided to use two of the fans (rather than three) stacked vertically on the smaller wall in my kitchen to the left of the doorway into our den.  I used a dark chocolate linen as the background just to give the fans some definition and create some contrast with the light wall color.  You can see all the detail of the fans with this linen as a backdrop.


It's hard to see from these photos (b/c I stink at taking pictures), but the fans appear to be floating in the thick shadowbox frames.

You can see this detail a bit better in the picture below.

This was a super easy and quick project, and I took pictures every step of the way.  So, I will be sharing a little tutorial with you next this week on how to make some of your very own.  Cheers. M.

PS: any tips on photographing a dark room with zero natural light is much appreciated! 


better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture