Thinking About a Little DIY

Noticing a lot of chatter lately about the hot summer trend of all things nautical - which is so fun for summer.  Here is one great piece I've had my eye on . . . 

I think it is so chic and would add just the right amount of sparkle to my coffee table.  But, I can't justify $185.00 for a trendy accessory.  I know, it's really great.  Isn't it? 

So, I was thinking (my husband says he dreads that phase more than anything in the world) . . . What if I took this shell (at $24.95).

or this one at $25.00 (it's resin). 

And painted the interior gold (since brass/gold accents are still hotter than hot).  There are so many options for how to add the gold accent.  You could do gold leaf which would add a lot of texture to the inside. 



or craft paint - this one feels aged to me which is a great thing . . . 

or even a little metal (anything called liquid metal, I'm in!) . . .

You've got yourself a nautical/gold chachkie for a fraction of the price!  With a deal like that, I really wouldn't feel bad moving on when the trend is over.  M.
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture