Weekend Round Up

Hope you had a great weekend.  We had a wonderful one.  The weather was amazing.  On Saturday, my daughter had a soccer game and my son a cross country meet.  So, my husband and I divided to conquer.  We also did some lounging around.  We watched some football and baseball (still can't get over that Braves game).  Overall, I think our dog Lottie relaxed the most.  Here she is in her favorite spot in the entire house - on top of the back cushions of my sofa.  She is totally ruining them.  

I also received a little happy I ordered from Minty.  If you have not checked out this online store, shame on you!  These girls have such an eye for fabulous vintage finds that can add so much to a space.  A visit to their online shop is like a mini trip to Scott's antique market.  You never know what you'll find.  Also, the prices are great for vintage finds.  I managed to snag these African beads.  

Here are just a few other items I'm loving at the moment . . .

The gray and mustard yellow combo is huge right now.

I have a collection of florentine boxes.  Love this example. 

 I think florentine is one of the last affordable items to collect.  Here is a fabulous collection in a shop in NOLA. 

Set of 8 chinoiserie glasses - $45.00 for the set.

They remind me of this . . . 

I love finding a set of glasses that can inspire an entire table scape.  Since they are not a huge investment, you don't feel bad using them every now and then for a fun change. 

We also decided to grill out Saturday night.  While trying to get a little inspiration, I discovered this great website - GreenLiteBites.  The author is so cute (I watched a video she made on how to make Kale eggs, and she is just bubbling with personality).  Here's the recipe that caught my eye.

Roasted Cabbage

I paired it with a grilled steak and quinoa salad (I just made the quinoa, and sauteed onions and mushrooms and added them to the top of the quinoa).  It was very delicious and healthy.  Just a comment, I cooked my cabbage for 30 minutes on 350 degrees in the oven, and it needed more time.  I think you could do 400 degrees for at least 45 minutes to an hour.  The marinade/sauce is what makes it.  I even think you could coat fresh brussel sprouts in this marinade and roast them in the oven for yummy results.

So, what kind of week do you have?  It is going to be a breeze or a mountain climb?  Either way, Monday is upon us.  Take it! M.
  
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture