Let's go Craig's Listings!

I love a good yard sale.  I think it's in my genes.  I can remember stopping with my Dad on a Saturday morning just to see what they had to offer.  Just this past month, we drove by a sale on our way out of town, and my son said, "Mom, you really wanted to stop back there and look.  Didn't you?"  I just smiled and said, "Of course I did!"  

The good news?  These days you can get your yard sale fix on line.  

Here are a few items I found just by giving Craig's List a quick look.  All these items are in the Birmingham area, but I am sure you can find similar gems in your area.  

1st Find

I found these great chairs for $60.00 for the pair!  


They remind me of the Isabel Chair from Doxa which retails for $1,350.00 each.  You will have to click on the link as this picture is copyrighted.

If these beauties were mine, I would then reupholster the seats in this fabric which retails for $12.95 a yard (100% linen, I might add)!

Once I finished, I would use them on either side of a chest or console table to create a larger impact.  Sort of like this: 




or something like this:




I'll do the math, for around $86.00 total, you have a pair of chairs very similar to a pair that would cost you $2,700.00.  Pretty good deal, don't you think?

2nd Find

These amazing chairs for $100.00 for the pair!  

These are a very similar look to the Maude side chairs that retails for $1,695.00 each at Jayson Home and Garden!

For these, I would go with a more hip, mod gray velvet fabric for $30.00 a yard:



or a lighter leather (if you have warmer tones in your house) like this one that retails for $26.98 a yard:



Once finished, these chairs with their round backs would look great flanking a fireplace, like this:




Or like this:


See those beautiful accent chairs to the right in this picture.


So, for a total of $160.00 you have a pair of chairs that have the same feel as a pair that would cost you $3,510.00.  Again, not a bad deal! 


better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture