Christmas Gift Idea

I've been working on our family Christmas gift this year.  I always try to come up with something interesting and unexpected as a small treat/thank you to all the people who have touched our lives throughout the year.  I spend the fall brainstorming on creative ideas.  Then, once I decide on the gift, I begin gathering all the items needed to put it together in December.  I like to make the gift, but I can't spend tons of time baking, so I have to think outside the box. 

While I can't share this year's gift [since some of you who are reading this will receive one], I can share ideas from my last couple of years.  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the presents; but hopefully, I can explain them in detail for you.

Two years ago,  I gave "Cava with Violet Syrup" as our gift.  I ordered violet syrup [which you can get on line and it comes in a large bottle]. 

I poured the syrup into small bottles [vials really] and attached a pretty label entitled "violet syrup" to each vial.

  Then I picked up bottles of Cava [but you could use Prosecco or Champagne].  

I tied the syrup vials to the neck of each Cava bottle with beautiful ribbon and a card explaining to pour a few drops of the syrup into the bottom of each champagne flute and add the chilled Cava for a fun cocktail.  




Last year, I continued the cocktail theme and made "Bloody Mary Mix with Seasoned Salt."  I made my recipe for Bloody Mary mix sans the liquor and poured these into large bottles I ordered on line. 


 Then I picked up these wonderful seafood salts from one of my favorite local restaurants, Hot and Hot Fish Club and attached the salt to each bottle by placing it in a cellophane bag and tying it to the neck of the Bloody Mary mix bottle with a satin ribbon.  

Here is an example of a Bloody Mary with a salted rim of the glass.


Since the mix was red, I used a green satin ribbon with a cute tag about making these when you have to deal with the stresses of the holidays "add vodka (or not) perfect for tree trimming and in-law mingling or for a Christmas morning pick me up."



This year, I am not doing a cocktail, but that is all I am willing to share at the moment.  You will have to wait and see! 


Reminder: if you have not signed up for my pillow giveaway, get busy!  All you have to do is become a follower and comment on this post http://interiordesignmusings.blogspot.com/2010/11/pillow-giveaway.html.  It ends tomorrow! 

better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture