New Pillows for my Wingbacks

Just before Christmas I discovered this fabric and fell in love with it.  
I kept thinking about all it's lineny goodness and where I could put it in my house.  Finally, I decided to make some pillows for my favorite spot in the whole house - my wingback chairs.  
 As you can see, this room is very neutral, mainly warm grays, browns and a bit of green.  So, when I saw this fabric which included a watery blue with the green, I knew I had to have it.  This picture is more like the true color of the fabric.
Since this is a large scale fabric, I would normally not use it for small lumbar pillows.  Large scale fabrics look best on large pillows or for drapery panels.  But I broke the rules! I picked out my favorite bird in the pattern and worked it into the center of each pillow.  I also included my favorite trim (for the moment) which is a flat flange with a bit of detail on the corners.  
The other great thing about these . . . I only used a yard of fabric.  So, when (and if) I tire of them, I will be off to find another fabric to change the look for around $35.00 or less! 

I have included this project in  Todays Creative Blog link party!  There are tons of crafty ideas included if you need a little project this weekend. 
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture