Please Come Home!

Dear Summer,
I am writing in hopes that I can persuade you to come home earlier than you initially planned on being here.  I know you are very busy and have lots to do where you are, but we really need you here at home.

First, I feel like I owe you an apology.  I know at the end of your last visit, I seemed distant and preoccupied with the coming of Winter, but I promise I will not do that to you again!
Speaking of Winter, he has been very unpredictable during his visit with us.  One minute he is in a crisp cool mood and the next he is a blustery fool!  I hate to complain about him like this to you, but I know you completely understand what I am dealing with.  I wish you could come for at least a few days next month, just to calm him down a bit.  

We miss you so much.
  
Even the children are starting to ask about you.  It's just not the same without you here. 
  All those late afternoons that turned into early evening just sitting outside relaxing and enjoying each other's company.
I know I don't appreciate you like I should, but all that's changed.  I am more than ready this time for your arrival.  
If you come home, I promise not to neglect you for a single minute.  We could have so much fun together.  
We could plant some of those geraniums you love so much, or maybe go for some ice cream.  Maybe a a swim.  Heck, I'd even be willing to man a lemonade stand on the block, if you would just come on home.   
I know this is going to sound crazy, but even the food tastes bland and unappealing without you here - tomatoes, corn, herbs  - they just aren't the same. 
Think about it.  Will you?  
I'll wait to receive word be way of your friend, Phil.  Until then, please try and stay warm!
[photos via Decorpad


If you have time for a party this weekend, come on over.  I am participating in the following Link Parties! 
http://decormamma.blogspot.com/
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/2011/01/quick-change.html
http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2011/01/frugal-friday_20.html
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2011/01/feathered-nest-friday-no-18.html

better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture