Valentine Gift Idea

First, I want to thank you for all the wonderful comments on my post yesterday about fabrics for my playroom.  I loved getting your thoughts on those fun fabrics!  At some point, I hope to put one of them into action, so stay tuned on that one.  But for now, we are moving on to . . .  Valentine's Day.

Last week was my husband's birthday.  Usually, he doesn't ask for anything because his birthday falls so closely on the heels of Christmas and he always says, "We did too much for Christmas, so don't get me anything."  I do think he means it, but I hate not giving him anything.  So, I always try to find a little something for him to open.  

Well, this is what I got him. 



This book would make an absolutely perfect Valentine's gift for any sweet man in your life.  This book was written by Richard Simmons.

NO, NOT THIS GUY!


 Rather, Birmingham's very own Richard E. Simmons III, who is an amazing speaker and author.  

Richard is a very interesting guy with a take on life like no other I have ever met.  John and I once attend a marriage retreat where Richard came and spoke (which is rare since his audience is usually men).  We were both dreading the occasion but were pleasantly surprised to find no soft music, exercises of staring into each other's eyes or taking turns telling each other positive things.  

It was so down to earth and with practical thoughts on living with your soul mate and respecting each other.  Richard spoke about our culture and how society subtly places all these unrealistic expectations on marriages.  I came away from it with a new outlook on how I approached my marriage and still today remember many of the things he talked about.

So, what's this book about and why does your man need it? 

This book is about helping your man refocus his perspective on what is important in life.  It's about making sure he knows you value him for him and not for what he accomplishes in life.  

"Men so often define themselves by what they do, who they know, or what they own.  And when they do so, they unwittingly set themselves up for great confusion and failure in their personal lives."  Richard Simmons.



Now that I've given you a great gift idea, what am I going to get for my Valentine?!?  Any ideas? 




better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture