DIY Senegalese Storage Baskets

I love these baskets, but with the hefty price tag of $150 bucks I wasn't about to spend that kinda moola on a thing I throw poop covered kid clothes into. So what does one do when they want to find a cheap alternative to something fab.....

First: head to Home Goods
&
Second: Spray Paint the shit outta it!

The Inspiration:

I found this basket at Home Goods a while ago and I liked the shape of it. It was $59.99 so I snagged it up!



I decided to go with just a simple zig zag pattern.
 I taped the shape out.



I then took a paint brush with a bit of white paint on it and dry brushed it on to make the zig zag shape.


removed the tape


Even though I liked the way this looked just in the natural neutral tones I wanted to punch it up a bit so I taped back over the painted zig zags and sprayed some "Berry Pink" Painters Touch over the entire thing.



I left my paint a bit blotchy so it looked more natural and antiqued..

and Walla!


I tried and although I Still like the real ones better...mine will have to do for now.


better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture