one room 2 Looks with: FULL HOUSE

Ever think to yourself, 
"Hey I wonder what would life be like with one set of twins AND one set of triplets???"

To be honest, the idea has NEVER crossed my mind until I stumbled upon Christina's blog over at
  Full House blog. 


You see Mrs.Amazingsupermom of the century, is not just the mother of 5 kiddos. She also has a wicked design eye. She is very talented, and has fantastic great taste..... Oh and did I mention that she is rully rully purty and has awesome hair??!!

Anyways, I asked if she wanted to partake in a good ole game of "One room Two ways"....and she said yeahhaaa.. SO here is the end product...
Buckle Up Lovers!

****************



Hi there dearest readers of Amber's blog...whose blog I truly do enjoy.  It is a pleasure to be able to play with you all today.  I mean who wouldn't want to play dress up of the home...especially the non-committal kind.  Anyway I had this lavender guest room just hanging out and since I have a handful of children I decided to make my styling come to life in a place that I could lock up if needs be.  For starters I recruited my husband to haul the black and white sofa into the room.  The sofa actually has a damask print seat cushion and needs to be updated to my liking but for this exercise we went with the rigging method.  In fact I do not think I have ever rigged as many things in my life until I had a handful of kids.  You learn to do that on the fly when managing a home with a bunch of little ones and resources are slim.  With that being said don't look too closely because you will see a tablecloth wrapped around the sofa cushion, fabric folded on the side brass chair that clearly is covering the gold vinyl cushion and a set of curtains that may be thumb tacked to the wall.  I tried really hard to use what I already had around the house but I must admit that through doing this that I finally took fabric that I had sitting around and turned them into the curtains and pillows that they were meant to be (thank you Amber).

For the first look we tried to go with what I am calling the uptown hippy girl look..or whatever.  The colors are much more feminine, well travelled,festive and full of life. To achieve this particular look then I would say the colors and that ethnic looking rug were key.  I didn't want the room to look too boho so I tried to offset with the clean lines of the mirror, a painted abstract city scape piece and with sleek neutral pillows on the sofa. Everything in the room was either collected at the thrift store or Home Goods with the exception of the curtains, rug, oh and those nice colorful little accent pillows.



For the second look I was going for something edgier with a splash of masculine.  You know, to offset the lavender walls..just in case my husband had to live in a room like this in real life (In real life it also has a full size bed in it if you catch my drift.ha).  Back to accomplishing that objective...I made sure to use colors that would look fine with lavender but were masculine.  I first pulled the striped curtains from my husbands office as the starting point.  I then made a pillow out of a bunch of scrap leather to give it an edgier look.  Next I went with the dollar bill art and the little triangle square number to hang on the wall.  I switched out the "fruity' little pineapple lamp for a big sculptural brass lamp and pretty much called it good..well except for the switch-a-roo of a few accessories and that rug.  Again everything was basically from Craigers, Home Goods or acquired through the art of thrifting...just in case you were wondering (even that ikat fabric was thrifted).  Thrifting was also how I justified purchasing a couple of the finer fabrics shown...because I save SO much money by thrifting...and that is the story and I'm stickin to it;-)



Again thanks again for having me Amber.  Now I am off to finish decorating the room for real life.

***********
I mean...... Right, totally, like OMG..

Here...let me help you lift your jaw up off the floor.
INSANE!

Don't you dare forget to go and say hello to Mrs. Full house and don't you dare forget to tell her how amazing she is.

smooches 

better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture