Artwork Love

Just wanted to show you my latest crush . . .
See that painting over my fireplace - suffice it to say I'm quite smitten.

I commissioned this piece from one of my favorite artists, Ashley Terrell.  

I was introduced to Ashley last Spring by one of my clients who hosted a party to show off this wonderfully talented lady's work.  She is a Mobile native, but has lots of ties to Birmingham and does come to visit quite often.  So, if you're looking for a way to freshen up and add some modern touches in your home, you really should consider Ashley's work.  

I think artwork is such a taste specific thing.  
You have to get what speaks to you.  

 This particular piece has pencil markings and touches of gold paint with an overall grey palette.  As most of you know, I like to change things up seasonally in my home.  So while I love the idea of artwork with bold specific colors, it just would not work for me.  It would simply tie me down to a color scheme.  

In this close up you can see some of the detail, but you are still not able to see the texture of the paint.  

OK, so now for some confession time.  I think it is very important to keep it real - no one has a perfect house with all the right accessories, furnishings, etc.  If you are thinking your house is not perfect, just remember you are the norm, not the exception!  

Here is a picture of this room without the new painting . . . .
Yes, that is a very large hole alcove with a very old vintage TV in it.   (btw, I took this picture awhile ago and so, I've moved some furniture around since then - always moving furniture around.  But, hopefully you get the idea). 

At the moment, the painting is simply hanging on nails in front of that alcove!  Yes, it is very inconvenient for my sweet husband to watch TV.  But the goal is to come up with a clever way to enjoy both the artwork and the TV.  After all, a room has to work and be beautiful, right?


So, I'm thinking about something that will allow you to slide the artwork to one side when you want to watch TV or maybe something that allows you to lift the painting up from the bottom?  I have an amazing handyman I am confident can figure it out for me.  In the meantime, I think this is such a nicer view!!

Also, I have one more little tidbit for you.
This stunning piece is sitting in my dining room as we speak . . .

The plan was to use it over a client's fireplace in her living room.  The colors were absolutely perfect, but it was just too small for her massive fireplace (the piece is 47"x 35" which is still a really large painting).  She is going to need a larger piece.  This just happens sometimes - part of the decorating process.


So, if you think you might have a spot for this beautiful piece, please contact me for pricing.

Otherwise, it will have to go back to Mobile and some other lucky girl will get to take it home!

 If you have solved a similar problem to my TV alcove dilemma, I would love to hear from you.  Please share your ideas - I'm confident I'm not the only person who could benefit from your thoughts!
See you tomorrow. M.  
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture