Year of the Dragon 2012

Sorry for the radio silence yesterday.  We had a whirl wind of a weekend!  Like everybody else, sometimes life gets in the way.  We ran the entire time between kids sports, yard work (hard to believe it's already time for that), laundry, celebrating my husband's birthday, a 6th grade dance (yikes!), finishing up all the AV programing for our new media area and getting my den put back together (for a full explanation of the media area click here).  Yes!  The media area is finally finished, and I'm thrilled with it.  I promise to take some pictures to show you later this week.  Sorry for the tease, I just have not had time to photograph it.  

What I wanted to share with you today is a recent find.  A couple of weeks ago I was sourcing accessories for a design job I've been working on and ran across these very cool dragon plates.  

The price was great (around $40 for a set of six), and I loved the shape of the dragons along with the gold/brassy tones.  Also, I don't have a single dragon in my house.  So, I snagged them - (thinking at a minimum they would be a fun addition to my dining room for a dinner party).

Then, last week I took a look at the February/March issue of Traditional Home.  To my delight, there was an entire five page spread on all things dragon!  I did not realize 2012 is the year of the dragon (not sure where I've been?).  

I do think it can be a bit intimidating to incorporate dragons into your interiors.  So, I thought it would be fun to give you a little inspiration.  Here are just a few fun ways to celebrate the year.

Schumacher Chiang Mai Dragon in Mocha (one of my favorites)

A sweet photograph of a newborn.

Green Jade Pendant

Wallpaper for a child's room  - great as an accent wall; or, for a smaller punch, add it to the backs of a bookshelf or hutch.

Wallpaper for a grown up space.

Plates for either display on the wall or worked in with your current china pattern.

Graphic Long Dragon Print (another great piece for a child's room).

For the man in your life.

Boxes are such wonderful accessories for any space.

These are a statement.  I could see a pair of these in a kitchen for open shelving.

Still not sure about having a dragon in your house?  Well, maybe the solution is to paint your doors Ben Moore Dragon's Breath!  
 source

Hope your week is off to a great start.
I am working on a redesign all this week, so posting will be light!  M.
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture