Weekend Randomness and Thoughts on Outdoor Spaces

First a little randomness . . . On Saturday, I was running a few errands and popped over to the Summit to look for a new handbag.  And what did I spy with my little eye . . . 
This guy.
Yelp.  The Mr. Donald J. Pliner.  The guru of comfortable, yet fabulous sandals.  He had a group of women swarming around him three rows deep.  They were snapping pictures, giggling like school girls and drinking lots of champagne.  I was mesmerized by the whole thing!  Oh, and almost forgot, he was signing their newly purchased shoes - I'm not kidding.  I have to say it was a very fun event to just happen upon on a Saturday.  Then on Sunday, we had beautiful weather, great tasting food (I feel like I had a butter IV put in for Sunday Lunch), and time with friends and family.  Very relaxing and fun. 

  Now for some interior design thoughts!  Since what seems like the early arrival of Spring here in Birmingham, I've had outdoor spaces on my mind.  Here are few that have caught my eye.


In trying to decide why I liked all of these (and some are very different from others), I think I am drawn to outdoor spaces that feel like interior rooms.

Places with amazing views and preferably of the water.

Those that evoke a sense of privacy.

Yet comfort.

And those that are lush.  This one in particular drew me in.  What an excellent use of a hankerchief size backyard.  It's sleek while still being super green and luscious.

I also love outdoor spaces with great lighting.  Even at our own house, I love to sit up near our kids play area and look back down at our house in the evening.  All the lights inside create the coolest shadows outside.  Looking forward to doing that this summer, and seeing all the fireflies. 

I'm also drawn to large containers of plantings and lots ivy growing on walls (which drives me husband crazy - he hates ivy).  

So, how's that for some random thoughts on a Monday!  What are some of your favorite things about outdoor spaces? M.
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture