Those Extra Little Touches Add Up

I recently surfed across this picture; and although the blogger was discussing something totally different about the image, I stopped in my tracks on how the mirror was hung.

So, I starting thinking . . . this would work in so many different places where you want the artwork to have more impact.  

Look at this divine example.
 Hard to tell, but I think it's actually hanging from the frame of the mirror.

I love the layered look in this image on a wall of mirrors.

Hard to tell from this one, but I think the small starburst mirror is actually suspended from chain on all four sides.

I think the chain adds tons of interest to an otherwise basic artwork installation. 

Another fabulous example of this idea - a mirror on a mirror.


Well, needless to say, I was smitten with the idea; and since it is such an inexpensive detail, I had to have my own! 

Here's the Before . . . (sorry for the glare, you know I am not a photographer).  This is a wall in my living room that  has never really seemed "finished" to me.  Sort of feels like you need  a piece of furniture underneath the artwork.

And the After . . . 

It was such an easy DIY project - took all of about 25 minutes.  And now it feels like gallery artwork and the wall feels "finished."
This is all I have time for today. But promise, later this week, to post a tutorial on how to do this and where to find the materials to make it happen in your house!  Have a great day. M.
better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homesand garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture better home and gardens, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden, better homes garden, better home and garden magazine, better home and gardens magazine, better home and gardens, better home garden, better homes and garden magazine, better homes and garden furniture, better home and garden, better and homes and gardens, better homes and garden patio furniture, home and gardens furniture, homes and gardens furniture, home and furniture